TIM L. DROEL
Attorney at Law
Tim L. Droel devotes his law practice to serving clients in the construction, real estate, and renewable energy industries. Mr. Droel is driven to exceed his clients’ expectations and has developed many longstanding relationships with clients due to his high quality work product and commitment to a client first approach.
Mr. Droel helps private and publicly traded companies finance, acquire and develop commercial real estate and construct their building facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Over the past nine years, Mr. Droel has assisted a Fortune 500 company in expanding its facilities into twenty-three states and Canada. Mr. Droel also provides legal assistance to architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers. In particular, Mr. Droel assists his clients with their transactional matters (contracts, sales/use tax, licensing, bonds, liens, insurance, corporate formation and acquisition, etc.) as well as with their handling of employment and labor law issues such as helping owners and general contractors deal with unfair labor practices.
Mr. Droel also assists companies in the renewable energy industry finance, acquire, develop, and construct wind and solar projects throughout the United States. Notably, Mr. Droel assisted a national wind farm developer with a 200-megawatt wind farm development in Southwest Minnesota, and further assisted this same client in acquiring eight wind project companies in three different states.
If disputes arise, Mr. Droel assists his clients in their efforts to find speedy and amicable resolutions. And if an acceptable resolution cannot be obtained, Mr. Droel has the knowledge and experience to represent his clients in litigation or arbitration proceedings. Mr. Droel has appeared on behalf of his clients in many state and federal court proceedings throughout the United States; and in fact, Mr. Droel’s appearances have included court and arbitration proceedings in twenty-seven different states.
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, B.S.
- State of Minnesota
- State of South Dakota
- State of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Hennepin County District Court Judge John L. Holahan - Retired
- Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Dering Pierson Group LLC
- Diageo, plc
- EAPC Wind Energy
- EDF Renewable Energy, Inc.
- Enel Green Power North America, Inc.
- Geronimo Energy
- Juhl Energy, Inc.
- Life Time Fitness, Inc.
- Ross & Associates
- Sempra U.S. Gas & Power
- Texan Floor Service
- Velocity Hockey
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- South Dakota State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- Associated General Contractors
- Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Minnesota Builders Exchange